- C# (Unity3D, Windows Presentation Foundation, Forms, Console, ASP.NET)
- Java (Multi-threading, Sockets, Cross OS Deployments)
- SQL (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL)
- PHP, PERL, C++
- Drupal 6,7,8 (Module & Theme Dev), Omeka
- Cloud ( Amazon Web Services, Azure, Rackspace Cloud Services )
- Virtualization / Containers ( VirtualBox, VMWare, Docker )
- Win / macOS / Linux / iOS / Android
- Photoshop, Illustrator
- Action Script (Flash, Flex, Air)
- Red5, Flash Media Server
- Can Custom Build Computers
- 2D CAD w/ Acrylic, 3D CAD w/Alibre & Plastics
- Have made RS232 and USB Devices
- Commercial Touchscreens (SAW, IR, DST)
- AMX Control Systems
- Custom Circuit Board Fabrication (SMD,DIP)
- Extensive project and staff management experience
- Have formal leadership training
- Have pulled / soldered / crimped cable (Cat5 / 6 / two conductor / RCA / BNC / XLR / eight / fourth)
- Have driven large trucks across country with hundreds of thousands in inventory unsupervised
- Can work at remote sites directly with clients unsupervised
- Enjoy working directly with clients
Transcending Digital LLC, Lansing, MichiganPrincipal Software Architect September 2011 - Present
- Custom solutions in Java/C#/SQL deployed in enterprise, cloud, and small business environments
- REST/SOAP API development
- Media server programming featuring live television and large platforms
- Special venue programming in HTML5/Unity3D and legacy technologies where applicable
- Custom electronics fabrication
- Drupal module and theme Development
- Manage staff and contractors in an agile environment
- Have never missed a client deadline
Boston Productions Inc, Norwood, MassachusettsSenior Interactive Developer June 2008 - August 2011
- Develop support applications in Java/C# that enhance touchscreen user interfaces by adding email, socket capabilities, video recording, audio recording, and database interaction for uses such as web interactivity and multi-player games
- Integrate a variety of cutting edge technologies into user oriented applications such as projection globes, RFID, motion sensing, and motor control
- Provide guidance concerning interactive application integration with traditional IT infrastructure such as mission critical sales and ticketing systems
- Travel to remote sites and independently manage client interactions, support staff training, and exhibit maintenance
SPL Integrated Solutions, Dow Center, Midland, MichiganDow.com Team Web Developer August 2007 - February 2008
- Lead developer of the Dow.com site profile tool. A custom tool set written in Perl that is embedded in the Interwoven Teamsite content management system and used for scanning all dow.com sites to look for malformed html, ensure SEO, and other Dow web mandates
- In charge of handling site integrations from outside contract agencies into the dow.com CMS environment under strict privacy restrictions and deadlines
- Help troubleshoot and come up with enhancements to the dow.com development, staging, and production environments
- In charge of Web Trends integration into the entire Dow website framework
Central Michigan University Health Professions, Mt. Pleasant, MichiganStudent Programmer January 2007 - May 2007
- Research and integrate open source software solutions into a researchers portal including Pentaho, Dotproject, JOOConverter, Dimdim, Tomcat, Ant, Eclipse, Sakai, Apache, MySQL, U-Portal, and Open Office
- Facilitate communication between the CMU-HPB and CMU-RC concerning resource sharing and applicable applications
Central Michigan University Research Corporation, Mt. Pleasant, Michigan (www.cmurc.com)Business Intelligence Programmer January 2007 - May 2007
- Design and build custom software solutions for clients such as General Motors
- Create web spiders to harness BI data from government websites such as the NOAA using Perl
- Create small applications to prepare data for analysis with popular BI systems such as SAP
- Complete programming tasks within a tight schedule
Herman Miller Incorporated, Zeeland, MichiganDeskside Services Intern, Zeeland Corporate HQ, May 2006 - September 2006
- Research and develop processes and applications critical to HMI IT.
- Assist with open directory migration at remote sites
- Hot swap units at remote sites
- Setup, repair, and configure business partner machines for production use
- Develop applications using Visual Web Developer and ASP.Net 2.0 to perform data mining in an Oracle database utilizing inventory and trouble ticket data for the purpose of determining root causes and enhancing current processes
Hershey's Create Your Own Candy Bar
Hershey's Create Your Own Candy Bar allows visitors to create their very own Hershey's chocolate bar. Several touchscreen applications and databases collaborate with a custom assembly line to allow thousands of visitors per day to walk away with their own chocolate masterpiece and custom designed wrapper.
HTML5 Interactive Website & Trade Show Kiosks
A high availability interactive quiz was paired with a giveaway of epic proportions timed perfectly to footsteps on the trade show floor. These elements mixed together across mobile, website, and kiosk to solidify a successful marketing campaign and trade show presence.
Kinect Green Screen & HTML5 Email Kiosks
Kinect Green Screen Photo Experience and HTML5 iPad e-mail kiosks featured at Maker Faire Detroit 2013. This experience allowed guests to take a photo in several fun green screen scenarios and e-mail them home on demand. Techniques for this exhibit were featured on the Microsoft Coding 4 Fun Blog.
Indiana Zoo Orangutan Donor Kiosks
The interactive kiosks at the Indiana Zoo International Orangutan Center allow visitors an opportunity to elicit positive change for Orangutans around the world. These kiosks allow guests to design a postcard to e-mail or post to Facebook, view live weather in Borneo, or learn about heroes saving orangutans around the world. The most important feature of these kiosks is that they allow visitors to donate money using a debit or credit card for planting trees directly in Borneo. Guests donations are featured prominently on a large display that tally's the number of trees planted and featured donor names.
My experience is rooted in enterprise. Shown are three applications created early in my career.
Left: The Herman Miller trouble ticket tool was created using ASP.NET and interfaces with an Oracle database cluster to assist with root cause IT problem solving.
Right: The tool on the right was a mapping application developed with .NET technology and C#. It interfaced with SAP and other sources of raw researcher produced data. The application was used to assist with General Motors optimal dealer placement.
Clients have enjoyed experience not only in programming but also electrical engineering. Projects are in use daily that include 120V AC systems as well as custom 5V designs incorporating USB and RS232 serial interfaces.